Join us for this All Candidates' Event, which are the next best thing to a debate! They are a great way to learn what candidates stand for and see how they stack up against each other.
This event is capably sponsored by the Cadboro Bay Residents Association. Hope to see you there!
Come and join us! All Candidates' Events are the best way to stack up candidates and learn about what they stand for! Hope to see you there.
This event is made possible through the collaborative efforts of the Broadmead Area Residents' Association, the Cordova Bay Association for Community Affairs, and the Blenkinsop Valley Community Association.
Last chance all Candidates' event! These are the next best thing to debates and the best way to find out what the candidates for Saanich Council and Mayor stand for and how they stack up against each other.
This event is jointly sponsored by the Quadra Cedar Hill Community Association and the Mount View Colquitz Community Association.
Early birds can vote at Camosun College's Interurban Campus (in the Huber Annex) from 8am - 6pm.
There are 17 places you can vote in Saanich on October 20th!
- Campus View Elementary School, 3900 Gordon Head Road
- Cedar Hill Middle School, 3910 Cedar Hill Road
- Cedar Hill Recreation Centre, 3220 Cedar Hill Road
- Cloverdale Traditional School, 3427 Quadra Street
- Cordova Bay Elementary School, 5238 Cordova Bay Road
- Doncaster Elementary School, 1525 Rowan Street
- Frank Hobbs Elementary School, 3875 Haro Road
- Glanford Middle School, 4140 Glanford Avenue
- Gordon Head Recreation Centre, 4100 Lambrick Park Way
- GR Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
- Hillcrest Elementary School, 4421 Greentree Terrace
- Lochside Elementary School, 1145 Royal Oak Drive
- Prospect Lake Elementary School, 321 Prospect Lake Road
- Reynolds Secondary School, 3963 Borden Street
- Saanich Commonwealth Place, 4636 Elk Lake Drive
- Spectrum Community School, 957 Burnside Road West (3751 Grange Road)
- Victoria Alliance Church, 1792 Townley Street
Who can vote?
You can vote in the District of Saanich by-election if you live within the District of Saanich, or you are a non-resident property elector (you own property in Saanich but live elsewhere in BC).
To vote, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older on general voting day, October 20th, 2018
- be a Canadian citizen;
- have been a resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately before the day you register to vote;
- have lived in Saanich, or have owned real property registered in your name in the District of Saanich, for at least 30 days immediately before the day you register to vote; and
- not be disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in an election or be otherwise disqualified by law.
Love the combination of politics, fresh brews, and supporting local businesses? We do too!
Join Rebecca and her supporters for this fundraising event at the Caledonian Distillery & Twa Dogs Brewery in Saanich's Royal Oak Neighbourhood. Tickets include a guided tour of behind-the-scenes whisky and beer-making facilities, and tastings of course!
For tickets, visit our Eventbrite page.
We’re using a sliding scale for ticket prices (starting at $50pp) so you can give what you can to help secure Rebecca’s seat on Saanich Council. You can also get in touch by email (email@example.com) or phone (250) 532-0215 to reserve tickets and arrange to pay by cash or cheque at the event.
Have questions? Fire them our way! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you there!
- The tour begins at 7pm. Don’t miss it!
- In accordance with campaign finance rules, the names of individuals who purchase tickets for more than $120 will be disclosed publicly in campaign reports filed early in 2019.
- The venue’s licenses permit consumption of alcohol prior to and following the tour. If you plan to indulge, please ensure you have a responsible option to travel home! Bus routes 30, 31, and 75 can get you (almost) there.
This will be the 150th anniversary of the Saanich Fall Fair, a celebration of agricultural heritage and lots of family fun! Come by to meet Rebecca and members of her team. Check out this website for more information about the fair: https://saanichfair.ca/officialsite/#
Bring the kids, grandparents, dancing shoes, and a picnic dinner along for this wonderful family-oriented weekly event held at parks throughout Saanich, with generous support from the Saanich Legacy Foundation and sponsoring community associations. Featuring British & classic rock by the Radcliffs.
Bring the kids, grandparents, dancing shoes, and a picnic dinner along for this wonderful family-oriented weekly event held at parks throughout Saanich, with generous support from the Saanich Legacy Foundation and sponsoring community associations. Featuring cover tunes and top 40 by Bobby Dazzler.
Bring the kids, grandparents, dancing shoes, and a picnic dinner along for this wonderful family-oriented weekly event held at parks throughout Saanich, with generous support from the Saanich Legacy Foundation and sponsoring community associations. Featuring classic rock and oldies by Rukus.
The parade begins at the corner of Pandora and Government and ends with festivities and the opening ceremonies for Pride Week in MacDonald Park at the corner of Oswego and Simcoe.
The Saanich and City of Victoria Councils will be meeting at The CRD Headquarters (625 Fisgard Street) for a special meeting to discuss the wording of a fall referendum question regarding amalgamation. Can't make it? Don't worry - there will also be a live webcast.